'Cheddington' Sunny Top Floor Apartment With Bayside Park Views
- 1 Bed
- 1 Bath
Sweeping views across the park and water at Rushcutters Bay stretching to Paddington in the distance are captured from this light-filled airy apartment set on the rear top floor of Cheddington, a much admired Art Deco building enviably situated in the prestigious Elizabeth Bay loop'.
Peaceful, private and sunny, the long-held cherished home, offered to the market for the first time in 40 years, has a small entry hall flowing to a spacious living room, sunroom/dining area, double bedroom, gas kitchen and bathroom with bath/shower. Featuring wide windows and elegant original features including high patterned ceilings and picture rails, the apartment offers scope to modernise with your own personal style.
Designed by prominent architect Emil Sodersten, Cheddington is a c1930 security building of 21 apartments with rooftop laundry and elegant lobby/upgraded common areas by leading interior designer Walter Herman. Presenting a wonderful harbourside lifestyle with buses at the door, it is a short walk to Beare Park, Rushcutters Bay Park, Elizabeth Bay marina and Potts Point shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Elegant Art Deco strata building of 21 apartments
- Private and peaceful position on rear top floor
- Spacious living area with high patterned ceiling
- Sunroom/dining area with park and water views
- Double bedroom with b/ins and park/water views
- Kitchen with upright gas stove & white cabinetry
- White-tiled bathroom with shower above bath
- Entry foyer & hallway with b/in storage cupboards
- Rooftop laundry; upgraded lobby & common areas
- Potential to update and personal with modern style
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.